• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the polygonal lasso tool in photoshop elements 2021 isn't working properly

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased and installed Photoshop Elements 2021 and will likely be getting a refund. 

The polygonal lasso tool does not work on my magnified display on my 4K monitor.  It was the same in version 14 except I had a workaround.  The workaround doesn't work in this new version which really upsets me a lot.

The polygonal lasso tool is not recognized properly  in the displayed area of the images I work with.  No matter what image I work with the result is the same.  It just does not work.  It is the flakiest tool in the bunch.  There are also other issues which I have had to work around but I can't be specific because I just move on from my difficulties.  There is absolutely no reason that it would not work on my magnified display except for faulty programming of your software.  In the older version of your software (Elements14) I was at least able to turn magnification back on and Photoshop's window would return to its magnified state and I could work with tool and it would work properly. Now it stays in its shrunkated state making it absoutley useless to me.  There is no way for me to get your software to work with my settings that I have found.  The only way I will keep this software is if someone has workable solution to this problem.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am surprised by this community.  Not one person chimed in on possible fixes with the problem with Windows scaling rendering the polygonal lasso tool useless.  I guess Adobe refuses to acknowledge this problem.  I would be disappointed if I wasn't so disgusted!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user to user forum.  You haven't told us exactly what the problem is.  Nor have you given us any clue about what workaround was useful in version 14.  Based on the information you have provided, I certainly don't have a solution for you other than to suggest that you contact Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines