• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This is not a valid Portable Document File ....

Feb 15, 2010 Feb 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since today I can do anything in PSE8 (Mac) anymore! I keep getting a pop-up window saying: "this is not a valid portable document file (PDF). It cannot be opened", with every action I take. What the hell is going on suddenly? Anybody else experiencing this?????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just encountered this problem myself and it looks like that "Restore Default Workspaces" button in Preferences > Workspace did the trick for me. Hope this helps someone.

Screen Shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this. It worked. Hopefully, it stays working all the time^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is, still showing up, I guess -- I'm on PS CC and have encountered this same problem. Can't create a new document without having this message show up. Tried the Restore Default Workspace and other recommendations. Still happening.Photoshop PDF odd message.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't copy from can't copy illustrator to photoshop !

" this is not a valid portable document file pdf document. it cannot be opened "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first of all, go Preferences > Performance and if you have the next alert message:"An integer between 96 and 8 is requiered. Closest value inserted."
So this would be the solution for both problems "This is not a valid portable document file (PDF). It cannot be opened" and "An integer between 96 and 8 is requiered. Closest value inserted."

In Regedit:

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\120.0

Added DWORD "OverridePhysicalMemoryMB" with the value "24000" decimal bas (=24 GB RAM = my installed RAM).

I was able to open the Performance tab in preferences now. And also tools like "blur" are working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines