• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

thumbnails excessively cropped.

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing folders of images into Organizer the thumbnails are being cropped to such a degree that up to half the image is being left out.
I want the full image as the thumbnail. Is this possible?

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michel.  I have never heard of this happening (except maybe for .heic files).  Can you show us a screenshot of what you are seeing.  What happens if you refresh the thumbnail?  Select a photo and press Ctrl+Shift+U (on Windows) or chose Update Thumbnail from the Edit menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that you are viewing your thumbnail in the default 'adaptative' mode. Change the mode to 'detail' mode with the shortcut Ctrl D, to get a non truncated thumbnail together with (optionally) file name and date_taken. There is no cropping in either mode, but in the detail mode, each thumbnail is shown in the same square area, whether it's in horizontal or vertical orientation. In 'adaptative' mode, the heigth is constant and the width varies with the orientation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MichelBParis,
What you're suggesting makes sense. Sorry to ask for clarification but how do I change that mode? Shortcut 'Ctrl D' when? I can't find where to switch from 'adaptive (or adaptative?)' to 'detail' mode.
(But it might not matter, Organizer is impossibly slow and a bit glitchy. The most unsatisfying computer experience I've had in a long time. I'm close to giving up)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@micheld4753534, you can change the mode as soon as you launch the Organizer.  Simply press Ctrl+D.

You have not answered whether updating the thumbnails makes any difference.  And if you are still having problems, it would be helpful to see a screenshot of what you are describing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines