• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer app and data

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"ve moved my Photos (grouped into folders) to my new computer.  Re-installed Elements 8 on the new computer.  How do I sync and pull the photos into Elements, maintaining the cataloging (keyword tags) that I had built on the previous computer?

John

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John.  How did you move your photos to the new computer?  Are they in the same folder hiearchy as the original computer (including account name for images placed in the My Pictures folder)?  If not, there may be problems transfering over the catalog information. 

Did you transfer the catalog folder to the new computer?  The catalog folder is the one where you will find a file named catalog.pse8db.

When you answer my questions, we can give you more help.  In the meantime, take a look at this Adobe HelpX article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines