• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring Photoshop Elements App to New PC

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched how to do this and read other posts but I do not have this "log out" or "deactivate" option that I can find. I bought my Photoshop Elements 2022 from the Microsoft store on my laptop. I now have this gaming computer to do my graphics on and want to transfer it to there. I looked all over in the program but do not find any way to sign out or deactivate so I can install on my new PC. Thanks in advance for the help.

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashley.  The Microsoft Store (and the Apple Store) versions have some differences from the one purchased from Adobe or other third party sellers.  I just had a chat with an MS Store support person and they told me that you are only allowed to install the MS version on a single computer.  For that reason, I assume there is no need to sign out of one computer to sign into another.  I asked the chat person how to transfer the program from one computer to another and was told that you have to sign into the new computer with your Microsoft account

As you may have seen from another post today, Microsoft told a user to contact Adobe Support.  It is my belief that is wrong, but I am trying to seek confirmation from Adobe.

From what I can see, there is no good reason to purchase from the MS Store.  Updates to the program are delayed and now what I have just learned from MS chat gives me another reason not to recommend that method of purchase.  Things may be a little different with the Apple Store because I thought that the program can be shared on more than 2 devices.   But, after reading several pages on the MS Store website,  I'm not convinced that is true either since references go back the Adobe license.

My advice to you is to contact the MS Store support and let them walk you through the process.  If you find anything different than what I am saying here, please report back to this thread.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the official Adobe FAQ about purchases from the Microsoft Store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem: in the end it worked out for me by logging into my Microsoft account.  Once I was logged in I could see my order history in de Microsoft store. When I reset my order history to the last 12 months, and there it was! A logo of Photoshop Elements 2022 and a download button next to it. I can not seem to find a serial number though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Annelies29013958i165, said:   I can not seem to find a serial number though.

As I understand it, the Microsoft Store does not issue serial numbers.  Your Microsoft account authenticates that the software belongs to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines