• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubleshoot cancel download block App

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 Dell laptop with limited space on my C drive so use one drive to store photos.

Every time I start my pc or open Adobe Elements 2021 which I recently updated to from Adobe Elements 2018.  The App continutally starts downloading photos on to my laptop. I repeatedly click on Cancel download and block App in my settings but it keeps coming. It isn't clear on Settings what Apps you are trying to block or allow. How do I stop this happening without affecting functionality?  I do not have the space on my C drive so keep having to fix it. Thanks

TOPICS
Actions , How to , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using OneDrive, you don't store your photos on the Cloud, you save them on your internal main drive and the OneDrive service automatically syncs (= copies and updates) those file to the Cloud. You don't save space at all.

If you have another internal drive with enough space, read the OneDrive instructions from Microsoft to move the OneDrive folder to the other drive.

Othewise, don't rely on OneDrive and store your pictures outside of the special OneDrive folder, in another internal or external drive. Beware that in Windows you get Pictures and documents folders both in your user folder and in the OneDrive folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your respons, but is there a way to block the constand downloading safely. I am not sure what the folder is in the Register folder either where you can change the number from 0 to 1 to prevent downloading.

I don't have any other internal drives. Moving pictures to one drive deed seem to free up space so I am confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Elements can't work with files "in the Cloud", except with the latest PSE 2021 which can save and open files from the Creative Cloud desktop installed with PSE. You are limited to 2 GB of Cloud space, which is not much.

Using external Cloud syncing softwares like OneDrive, Dropbox or Google drive, is different, PSE does totally ignore what is in the cloud, it works on the 'synced' copies on your drive. No way to compensate your lack of disk space. You should consider using an external USB drive to increase your available disk space. Very small size and relatively affordable today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines