• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to install Elements 13 on new laptop-but telling me I need to remove a device

Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to install Elements 13 on new laptop-but telling me I need to remove a device, but when I log into Adobe it says I have no devices registered- nothing to remove...HELP! I have Elements and Premiere 13, and just want to use them on new laptop, but keep getting message that I need to remove a device....

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to install Elements 13 on new laptop-but telling me I need to remove a device, but when I log into Adobe it says I have no devices registered- nothing to remove...HELP! I have Elements and Premiere 13, and just want to use them on new laptop, but keep getting message that I need to remove a device....

By @Deleted User

What is happening is that you have more than the two allowed 'activated' computers. That means that your license is attached to two specific computers and that those links are stored and checked in the activation server of Adobe. You are free to use the Help menu of an activated computer to 'deactivate = sign out' and free a new activation for a new computer. Unfortunately, if the computer is no longer available (stolen, broken...) you can no longer deactivate yourself. In that rather frequent situation, you must join the Adobe Customer Care to ask them to ONLY deactivate one computer. There is nothing you can do yourself. What you have seen in your Account is only for subscription softwares like Photoshop or Lightroom, not for Elements or other perpetual licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please go to Adobe Customer Service and only ask to have your activations reset (Make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups and cookies on your browser. You may not be able to see the chat window if using a VPN.):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

You may also be able to contact Adobe by phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

or Twitter:
https://twitter.com/AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines