Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to purchase Photoshop Elements 2021

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I downloaded Photoshop Elements 2021 to try it out (I am running Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave), decided I'd like to buy it.

When I open the app it gives me the option to continue the free trial or 'Buy now'. This button takes me to a web page to purchase it, except it says I will be purchasing PSE 2022.

I can't find anywhere else on the Adobe website to buy PSE 2021, it only lets me buy the 2022 version.

Does anyone know why this happens or if I purchase it this way will I be able to actually run PSE 2021?

I don't want to accidentally buy software I can't actually use.

Thank you

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Adobe no longer sells Elements 2021. Only Elements 2022.

Buying a license for 2022 will not allow you to run 2021. The serial numbers are completely separate.

You'll have to search reputable 3rd party reseller websites to try and find old stock of 2021 but that may be a difficult search. Most now only sell 2022.

Can you upgrade to Catalina so that your Mac can run 2022 or is your computer not compatible?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer sells Elements 2021. Only Elements 2022.

Buying a license for 2022 will not allow you to run 2021. The serial numbers are completely separate.

You'll have to search reputable 3rd party reseller websites to try and find old stock of 2021 but that may be a difficult search. Most now only sell 2022.

Can you upgrade to Catalina so that your Mac can run 2022 or is your computer not compatible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, I'm glad I didn't try to buy it without checking!

I will look into upgrading or finding another application to use instead of Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Today I ran into the same problem like Maya24046374615p posted about - having finally gotten around to make the effort to see if Elements 2021 could possibly serve as a replacement for Photoshop CS6, I installed the trial version, and albeit slightly more sluggish than I've grown accustomed to, everything does seem to be working on my Mojave-setup in a rather essensial conjunction with the Wacom Cintiq models & drivers to which I am bound. So yes, after clicking Buy instead of proceeding in Trial-mode, I found my way to this unfortunate answer - unfortunate as I am also constrained to Mojave, not so much due to hardware limitations, but due to compatibility-issues and workflow-dependencies and restrictions - dedicating an isolated Mac to running Catalina might enable me to work with Elements 2022, but I would still need to cripple the OS in ways that will not be conductive to getting both design- and development-jobs done. Your words 'reputable 3rd party reseller' have an ominous ring to them, so I wonder: how do I recognize 3rd party resellers one would consider reputable enough to risk buying a registration-key for a discontinued Adobe-product from? I only ever purchased licenses from Adobe directly, but haven't done so in a loooong time (not since CS6, that is). Are there any reliable channels that would be worth checking? Are the chances of still finding an actual genuine Elements 2021 for sale  'out there' viable enough to pursue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines