• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to save a jpg file made in a different program

Participant ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wanting to overlay 2 photos and got it accomplished in "Overlay Images Online" I saved to my desktop with no issue. I wanted to make some adjustments to it in Elements 18 but it won't let me save it. Comes up and says it may be corrupt or something like that. Is there a way to open it in Elements? 

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the file with the overlay have more than one layer?  And what format is it?  If you are trying to save a multi-layer file to jpeg format, you can't because a jpeg can only have one layer.

And telling us that you have received a message that says the file may be corrupt or something like that doesn't give us much opportunity to give you advice.  We need to know the exact message or, better yet, give us a screenshot of the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The multi-layer thing is probably the issue then. The message says " The file is damaged or is in a format that connot be included in Elements Organizer." Now, if I could figure out how to combine the two photos in Elements 18 easily. I may just forget that idea and go with the photo I combined in the free program and say that is good enough. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just visited the website you have used and I created and downloaded back to my computer an overlay file.  The file was in .png format with a single layer.  I was able to import it into the Organizer and open, edit and save it in the Editor without any problems.  So, I don't think it's a layers issue unless you added a layer while editing your photo.

Here is an image that I quickly created in Elements.  As you see in the gif, there are photos of a rose and a woman which have been overlayed one over the other using the transparency control for the top layer.

Merge-layers.gif

Now if you want me to help you create a similar overlay image in Elements 18 (which is Elements 2020), I am happy to show you how.  But it would be helpful if you gave us more details about what effect you are trying to create if it is not something like I have demonstrated here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems odd you were able to import into organizer. Appears to be the same thing I did or tried to. I thought mine was a jpg instead of a png though after I did they overlay? I will have to double check that. After I save the overlay image to my desktop and then tried to put it into the organizer is when I had the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines