• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning photos into drawings

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this time of Pandemic, I want to be able to give granchildren something to do.  I read or saw somewhere that in Elements, one can turn photos into like a coloring book photo, if that makes sense.  So the children can take crayons an color them.

Any heard of anything like this.

tim

TOPICS
Creative , How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Elements do you have?  Probably the easiest way to do this is to use the Pencil Effect which can be found under Quick Edit mode in the Effects panel.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.05.13_09h22m32s_003_.png

To make the lines darker, you may have to increase the contrast, using a Levels adjustment layer.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.05.13_09h20m04s_000_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, look at the Guided Edit>Black and White>Line Drawing which does the same thing.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.05.13_09h30m29s_006_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how would I use the Levels ahjustment Layer

BTW, I have the 2020 version of Elements

thanks

tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to use the levels adjustment in the "Quick Editing" but n othing seems to happen.  Maybe this is not working well.

tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Quick Edit which has an automatic Levels adjustment button.  If you're not happy with the results, come back and I'll give you more detailed instructions for the Expert mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would like more details because  I was not happy with Quick Editing.  Tried itseveral times, and just not getting the clarity I want.

thanks

tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, adding a threshold layer may be better.  So, once you have applied the pencil effect to your photo in Quick mode, do the following:

1. Change to the Expert mode tab.
  2. Under the Layer menu, select New Adjustment Layer>Threshold.
  3. Move the slider to the right to make the lines darker.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.05.13_11h56m41s_007_.pngAshampoo_Snap_2020.05.13_12h01m20s_000_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines