1. When you do a backup, does it back up all catalogs or only the current one?
2. I just upgraded to PSE 2023 and want to transfer my existing catalogs into it. I can't find any instructions online for how to do it? Can someone help? I'm clearly a novice at all this. Thanks for your help.
1. The backup tool only works on the current open catalog.
2. There are several ways to do this.
Copy link to clipboard
2. I just upgraded to PSE 2023 and want to transfer my existing catalogs into it.
There is no simple way to 'merge' different catalogs.
That explains why the 'conversion' process suggesed by @Greg_S. is the normal way to go when updating. The catalog structure (the database(s), the catalog contents) is changed more or less for new features. You start with a fully 'converted' catalog and keep a copy of the original one (working automatically with the older PSE version).
Lightroom Classic has superior options and can merge or split different catalogs.