Exit

Two questions about Elements

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I would like to buy Photoshop elements 2021 for my father. Two questions:

1. does it works with MacBook Air 2017?

2. If I buy it the box (the physical-version) woult I find a DVD or a micro SD inside? 

Sorry for my english. Thanks!

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Hi Ludmilla,

1. It should be fine, but you need to be running macOS 10.14 (Mojave) or 10.15 (Catalina) or 11 (Big Sur).  You might find it a little tight to work with a 128GB hard drive (if it is the lower spec model), so an external SSD would be a useful purchase.

2. The boxed version comes on a DVD. Therefore you will need to buy an external DVD drive to install it directly from the DVD onto the MacBook Air. The Apple Super Drive is nice, but expensive. There are other cheaper Mac-compatib

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. what version of macOS? Apple change their systems often, this is critical. Check the box says it's for Mac. 
2. never heard of software coming in an SD card but it's common now to get nothing in a box except a download voucher. Check the box, there are multiple products available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ludmilla,

1. It should be fine, but you need to be running macOS 10.14 (Mojave) or 10.15 (Catalina) or 11 (Big Sur).  You might find it a little tight to work with a 128GB hard drive (if it is the lower spec model), so an external SSD would be a useful purchase.

2. The boxed version comes on a DVD. Therefore you will need to buy an external DVD drive to install it directly from the DVD onto the MacBook Air. The Apple Super Drive is nice, but expensive. There are other cheaper Mac-compatible DVD drives out there. Alternatively, if you have access to a computer with a DVD drive you could copy the installation files from the DVD to a USB storage stick and install it from there. Another (easier and cheaper) option would be to download the free trial version from the Adobe website and then convert that into a fully registered copy by entering the serial number that is on the back of the DVD case. Instructions for doing this are here:

Convert a trial version into a full version

Hope that helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines