• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two things regarding elements and the organizer. (Exluding folders)

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just decided to get Elements and premier since it seemed like an ok deal even though I generally avoid adobe software I did need a stable video editor and I can never have enough photo manipulation. I wish somewhere it would have said that Elements is a completely neutered piece of software, it cannot even edit some of the types of layers it generates? there are no transform tools, is there a way to add brushes or something to it because as it stands I will never use it for editing photos, GIMP is my main but I was hoping I could use elements for quick idea edits for forum posting. Anyway, I kind of expected it was going to be a filter loading app with all the other software I already use.

The organiser though, is there no way to exclude folders? or block things from it completely, I know you can remove them or set it to not load subfolders but is there no exclusion option? it is pretty standard for media scanning capable programs. Also can I not un -install all the bloatware things like creative cloud? it won't let me but I did not have it before I installed in order to see if there was anything I could scavenge (there isn't it almost all is there to keep you logged in for data collection as far as I can tell) anyway now I bought these 2 programs and says I have dependant things, but I have no use for the cloud storage or trial function level resources. Does Elements and premier require that you have a whole fleet of account related services installed because it doesn't say that it does..

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You don't have to use the organizer if you don't wish to do so.

2. Layers can be adjusted readily. Have a look at Levels, Brigtness/contrast, Hue/saturation adjustment layers, etc.

3. Brushes can be added

4. If you purchased PSE, you don't have to buy anything else. The license is not subject to an annual fee. You own it.

5. The program has a steep learning curve. This may help you to get started.

Adobe Photoshop Elements Learn & Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Barnaby Jobs 

Now that you have purchased the Elements bundle, you mainly have two opposite courses to follow:

- learning the program and accepting that it does not do what you are expecting even if it offers a lot more which you don't care; and it's worse than what you have discovered as I'll detail later

- asking for a refund if it's still possible. We always recommend that you start with the free 30 days trial.

As stated by @hatstead , the editor has a lot of functions for which you can get help, particularly in this forum. There is a Quick mode for beginners, a guided mode for many advanced effects and an 'expert' mode which is 'normal' for advanced users. You need the 'Expert' mode. It's a fact that advanced users have more to learn to change editing softwares, but the existing knowledge makes the progress faster.

The problem is much deeper with the organizer. You can do without it, ignore it like the Creative Cloud access. Like other database-driven management solutions, it can't be an accessory tool for your other folder based management software like the Explorer. Anything you do outside of the catalog (deleting, moving, renaming) is ignored and spoils the catalog. From your description, I can't see how you'll be happy with it among your many other softwares. The organizer can manage folders, but that's only a side tool. You have to think tags, albums , version sets and your own virtual hierarchies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines