Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to continue because of a hardware or system error

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

all of a sudden ... when I try to open a photo with my photoshop elements 9 ... i get  " unable to contiune because of a hardware or system error.Sorry but this error is

unrecoverable " ... a week ago I upgrated to  my windows 7 to windows 10 .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Try resetting preferences once. To do so, press Ctrl + Alt + Shift keys while launching Editor > A dialog will pop up asking to clear Elements Settings File? Say Yes.

Let us know if issue persists.

Thanks,
Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the method You suggested does not work .... I installed windows 10 on 19th of april and and photoshop elements 9 worked well for several days ... untill it failed. do I need to go back to windows 7 for my photoshop el. 9 to work properly ? can it be run with windows 10 at all ??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would someone respond to my topic ... ? Anwesha if I am to buy a new photoshop in order to run it smoothly with win 10 then just say so  .... and stop misleading ppl ... I was pretty satisfied with my photoshop elements 9 ... and don't see the reason to buy an upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Anwesha:

The issue is persisting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same error.

I have been on Windows 10 since last year and just installed the Creators Update. The problems with Photoshop showed up after the upgrade.

I tried deleting the preferences files but this did not work.

Interestingly, I logged into another account on this same Windows 10 machine and am able to bring Photoshop Elements 10 right up with no errors.

What do you suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information:

I attempted to start Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 again and this time I chose the Organize option. I received an error - but a different one:

DirectX could not be initialized. Be sure that it is installed on your system.

I checked and my system is running DirectX 12. The DirectX Diagnostic tool reports "No problems found." for each device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional information:

I tried to startup Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 again. This time, rather than checking Organize or Edit, I attempted to sign in with my Adobe ID. I received the following:

Error

Photoshop.com services are currently unavailable. Please try again later or check your network connections. Error 400.

Please respond. Also, I note that this topic is tagged as Assumed Answered when neither of us posting here has had a solution proposed that actually resolved our problem. Please change the status of this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem after creaters update of windows 10 I get this same error.  I have tried the same solutions and still have the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this very same issue!!!

No problems with 10 and now I cannot do any work on photos because I cannot even open them with photoshop!

HELP! What am I paying for?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right click on Photoshop shortcut; right click on Adobe Photoshop 6; click on Properties; click on Compatability tab; check box for "Run this program in compatability mode for:"; select Windows 95 … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines