Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 on Win 10

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to install Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 on a PC running Windows 10 Home Single Language version 20H2 and the installer displays the following message:

"Update required - Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updates to your operating system. Learn more"

Windows Update tells me there are no more updates to be installed on this machine. What should I do? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

I had the same problem. No matter what I did and what I updated, still nope. No can do. Fresh Win10 (21H1) installation and everything was up to date and still this error.
Then  I downloaded Creative Cloud, searched for Photoshop in the app and hit Try (knowing I would not buy another PS for awhile). I let it download for few minutes, then cancelled thinking this can't be the solution and was ready to give up. For unknown reason  I still tried to install Elements. Just once more, and now it sudde

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, so I gave in and spoke to support. I never have good experiences dealing with support as I find that they are typically unaware of specific problems like mine. I was wrong, they knew exactly how to solve it, gave me some tools to wipe all historic adobe software, then gave me two different executables for both creative cloud and 2019 premier elements, and then it worked without any issues.

Don't be like me, speak to support 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting, because i actually tried to speak to the support last week and they immediately said to me that they don't support PSE 2019 anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be worth speaking again, the agent I spoke to had a bunch of copy/paste answers ready to help out with for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i'll try it again, because now with Creative cloud i could install PSE 2019, but when i want to open it it says that it needs the Adobe Application manager and that it's not installed. But when i follow the Link in the Error message, i get redirected to the creative Cloud Page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1/ download Creative Cloud setup.exe version 5.1 from this link; https://adobe-creative-cloud.informer.com/download/ 

2/install it and login Adobe

3/ Install your PSE 2019 as usual

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything outlined above and it did not work for me. I have spent 20 minutes trying to find contact number on their website and I must be missing something because i can't find it. Can you please provide the number or link to number so i can call. This whole process is very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to share this.  I have just bought a new desktop and like others was very frustrated to receive THE “browser” error when trying to install Elements from the download option (a previous purchase) in my adobe account.  Your solution worked a treat.

The installation of Creative Cloud is key and soon as I did that the download gave up the error, installed without issue and accepted my serial number also without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for posting this.  It worked for me.  You just do the 7 day trial for Adobe Creative Cloud, then cancel after you've installed Adobe Photoshop and Premier Elements.  My version was 19 also.  Struggled with this after having to reformat my computer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here, newest windows 10 update is on my computer. I downloaded the creative cloud and I logged in adobe account with my google account, but I still can not install elements 2019, I still get the same error, it is frustrating. The solution you found is not working for me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least can I have my money back if  I can not install it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an other solution for all these people that are struggling with installing Photoshop elements 2019. The solution is pretty simple, turn off your internet connection for the installation, once I turned my internet (or wifi) off I was able to install it and have the software now on my computer. The only problem that still remains is activating the software with the key, but I will try to also find a solution for this and then reporting back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to activate it with the cd key, I can use the program for now, but adobe ask me everytime to validate my cd key. If I try to validate my cd key I get the same message as we all get when we try to install the software.

I can't understand why is there not one single customer support person form Photoshop helping here? Seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop elements 19 is now completely blocked for me, I can't open the software anymore. I can't register the software with my cd-key, since I get the same bug over and over again. This is really going on my nerves and very frustrating, I paid for it. The customer support is inexistent, you can't even write an email to Adobe to get any help, all you can do is using their useless help centrum thingy with some preprepared solution where none of them is working for me... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who can't find the Link: this is the Link for the Creative Cloud : https://www.adobe.com/at/creativecloud/desktop-app.html , just install it, log in from there, and then it should work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solution didn't work for me.  I tried chat with an Adobe tech & was told that Adobe products are not yet compatible with Windows 11, which is what I have on my new PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into the same problem. Gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with A-duh-be deciding to "only support Internet Explorer", especially as the first thing that happens when opening it, is Microsuck telling you to NOT use it, as it's not supported anymore.
Still, I'm truly thankful for this thread, as installing the Creative Cloud nonsense, and having that open while installing, solved the problem. Atleast for the time being.
I was thinking of taking a look at buying an update in the near future. Not happening! But A-duh-be have been working hard for years on alienating their last customers... Maybe time to look at DaVinci Resolve, or something, for my video work.

Thanks and take care.
P.S. No, I'm not above childish namecalling, when something is THIS messed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you, that's it for me with Adobe Photoshop, I am done. I am someone who finds customer support very important and when I came here with my issue, the only help I got was from other users and the solution was found out by myself after days of trying to fix it what Adobe actually messed up. But what shocks me the most is that this issue exists since 2 years or more and what has Adobe done so far? Nothing, not even a reminder or warning that this could happen or any solution to fix it. This is a no-go to me, anyway since they make their products now with a monthly fee this is nothing for me and I don't like the system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, the Adobe supplied solution is useless, adding entries to the win 10 registry, cause Internet Explorer 11 is downrev or some nonsese. 

Followed the directions in this thread for installing Elements 2019 worked for me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't even understand why it would let you do it only with internet explorer since barely noone uses internet explorer in general. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the correct answer is:

you have to change the default browser to internet explorer. 

for some reason, known only to adobe's programmers, if your default browser is not internet explorer, it assumes you are using the wrong browser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but this is not true, I have also tried the internet explorer and it was still not working. Whatever the problem is Adobe is aware of it since a 2 years but doesn't seem to care much about fixing it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish the problem was this easy to resolve. I had actually removed IE 11 from my computer, reinstalled it and set it up as the default browser. No luck. I am really peeved that I cant get 2 year old software to work and there is no support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all who posted here.   It helped me get PSE 2019 installed on new laptop.

I tried the install creative cloud twice, but installiing PSE 2019 still had error.

Someone posted to use this download of creative cloud - https://adobe-creative-cloud.informer.com/download/#downloading

That worked for me.  After installing that version of creative cloud and signing in, I could install PSE 2019 without the browser/OS error.  

Having IE 11 as default browser in non-compatability mode didn't help.

Disabling internet gave error that I must be connected to internet 

Did not attempt to contact support, as the latest info in support topic for this indicates to get new PSE if everything else fails.  Did not desire to do that.  One for the cost.  But more so, everytime I have been forced into moving to new PSE, the update caused issues with Organizer.  Since I have over 35000 photos in Organizer, don't want to risk change again.

Thanks again to all who contributed to this thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. After installing Creative Cloud and signing in, it will solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem to install Adobe Elements Photoshop & Première 19 after re-installing Windows 10. The creative cloud solution worked also for me. No more Internet Explorer warning etc (the solutions with new register values did not work at all). 

Thanks for finding this solution because I believe I would never have found/tried this. I mainly use Elements Premiere for video. For photo's I have ACDSee 365 at a decent yearly costs (all upgrades and some small programs included).

Thanks a lot!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines