Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Re install Elements 7 on new laptop [lost serial number]

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a genuine Photoshop Elements 7, purchased in 2009....which I've been using eversince. The serial number starts with 1507.....20 digits only. When I was trying to install it on my new computer.... It's asking for a 24 digit serial number. I don't have the CD with me...... I'm not a tech guy at all. Could you please help me install this software on my new computer if possible. Thank you.

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the disk for PSEv.8 and the serial number has 24 digits, beginning with 1057. No doubt PSEv.7 has the same requirement.

Consider upgrading to the latest version of the software. Note that Adobe usually comes out with a new version in the Fall, and you may wish to wait until it comes to market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok..... Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a genuine Photoshop Elements 7, purchased in 2009....which I've been using eversince. The serial number starts with 1507.....20 digits only. When I was trying to install it on my new computer.... It's asking for a 24 digit serial number. I don't have the CD with me...... I'm not a tech guy at all. Could you please help me install this software on my new computer if possible. Thank you.

By @Joby TB82D

The PSE serial numbers are indeed 24 digits starting with 1507.

The info you get from the help menu 'about Photoshop Elements' only show the first 20 digits (to avoid piracy).

If you have not kept the full serial number, I am afraid there is no way to recover the full number.

As far as I know, the serial numbers of those old versions (I have still PSE6) were nevere stored on Adobe servers. You might have a look in your Adobe Acount for your purchases. For more recent versions downloaded directly from Adobe (not from CD/DVDs) there are links for re-download and serial numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok..... Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have access to Elements 7 on your old computer? Which operating system?

You may be able to recover the full 24 digit serial number by using a 3rd party utility on your old computer:

Windows: https://www.belarc.com/products_belarc_advisor

Mac: https://mac-product-key-finder.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave that belarc a try--- it found absoultely all keys- pretty impressive.   

Im thinking you won't be able to sign in, and so even if you do get it installed it won't really work-- the back end software was turned ofd years ago that monitors and validates logins for that version..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking you won't be able to sign in, and so even if you do get it installed it won't really work-- the back end software was turned ofd years ago that monitors and validates logins for that version..

Normally I would agree. But software of that vintage had no activation mechanism. Once the serial number is accepted, it should work OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines