• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to reinstall Photoshop 14

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running Photoshop Elements 14 on Windows 7. Recently, it stopped opening, giving me the error message that MSVCR120.dll is missing. I worked on that a while. I have since found some additional ideas to try if reinstalling doesn't solve it. But the problem is now that I am to the step of uninstalling and reinstalling the program, it won't reinstall. I continue to get the installation failed error. I have opened the log file to find that the exit error code is 0 and it is saying that the program was successfully installed but it is not installed. I am stuck at this point and would appreciate any advice anyone can give. Thanks.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

I discovered on further investigation that I had not examined all of the log files, only one. I did find an error code and reason for the installation error. After downloading the correct 64 bit version, installation was successful and program is running- dll issue appears to be solved as well. Thanks to all who have posted good instructions for opening and checking log files and other troubleshooting ideas. Really helps us non-techies. If I hadn't been too tired and out of patience last night a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since your question is about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted to PS Elements.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I discovered on further investigation that I had not examined all of the log files, only one. I did find an error code and reason for the installation error. After downloading the correct 64 bit version, installation was successful and program is running- dll issue appears to be solved as well. Thanks to all who have posted good instructions for opening and checking log files and other troubleshooting ideas. Really helps us non-techies. If I hadn't been too tired and out of patience last night and continued my systematic troubleshooting process, I wouldn't have had to post. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines