Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to sign-out in the app to deactivate license

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using an older version of Photoshop Elements version 15 on my old pc (Windows). I've got a new pc and I wanted to transfer the license to my new pc(Windows). The issue is on my old pc where when I try to sign-out to deactivate it, it wouldn't let me sign-out thus I am unable to activate the license in the Photoshop Elements app on my new pc. What could be the cause for this or is there a solution to permanently deactivate it on my old pc?

Cheers!

TOPICS
Actions , How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you received an answer?  I had the exact same issue - except in my case I took a lightning strike which disabled the computer - and when I went to re-load PSE 14 into a newer computer - I get the email that I must disable the earlier computer.  I contacted Adobe help - who did 'something' - told me to uninstall and then re-install PSE via a link she sent - and, I got the exact same message again.  When I got back to the 'help' contact, she said that I needed to go to this link and that they weren'e supporting PSE 14 any longer.  If you find a way to disable the earlier computer - please let me know.

Thanks.  Good Luck.  Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest that you call Adobe directly. Explain to the agent that you need to deactivate the software license so that you can install on a new machine. Tell the agent that you do not require support for using the product, just deactivation. If you don't get anywhere, ask to speak to a supervisor.

Reach us by phone (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please go to Adobe Customer Service (make sure to sign into your Adobe account first) and only ask to have your activations reset:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines