• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update Adobe Photoshop Elelements 2021

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to update from version 19.xxxx to the newer version.

Get error "Another installer already running"

Killed the task in Task Manger

Try again, same result

Reboot machine, try update Application first thing

Same error ""Another installer already running"

However this time I don't see an installer running in Task Manager

Frustrating.... can someone help?

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you try to update?  Were you given a choice in the Editor to update now or upon exit?  If so, which did you choose?

Your best bet is probably to uninstall your current program and download and install the latest version from this link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I wasn't too bad with computers but this is above my pay grade.

I tried the "Update Now" and the "Update on Exit" 

Both with same results Error 87 Another installer running

Each time I made sure to go to Task Manager before I run the update to check if there's a Windows Installer running. If I saw one I killed by right click and End Task.

The "link" provided above goes to Adobe 2020. I have 2021 installed on my machine.

I tried too uninstall the app and ran into the same error code 87. Looks like my problem is deeper than just the surface.

I uploaded screenshots, they didn't upload in sequence, the sequence is adobe1, 2, 3,4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any other CC app installed on your machine.

If yes, then there might be another update running in background for that application.

You can simply launch creative cloud desktop app and see if any update is running.

If yes, then wait for that update to finish and then start the update for Photoshop elements.

Hope it resolves the issue you have been facing.
-Divy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The comment from the adobe employ is quite accurate:   I had to stop 3 things from downloading and installing when I was downloaded photoshop--- it also downlaods lightroom, and bridge, all apparently "in the background", and m ycomputer didn't like that going on.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. Running P Elements 2020, Ver. 18.0.

"Update" is grayed out. 

I have two printers, a Canon color injet for photos and a BW laser. I can print Word or print test on both, but if I send a print job from elements to the Canon, the BW laser taks over and prints a BW photo on the laser.

Should I also install and reinstall P Elements? Are you aware of other potential issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MajorBlixem, Are you uninstalling from the Control Panel? Are you getting the Error 87 error code when you try to uninstall even after a reboot of your machine? If so, open Task Manager, and click on the CPU header.  This will sort running processes by how much CPU activity the process is taking up. 

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.04.23_16h04m23s_003_.png

Try to End Task for all active processes that may be interfering with the installation.  Don't end Windows Explorer.  Hopefully, this will allow you to uninstall the current program.

I'm sorry my earlier link took you to the Elements 2020 download.  You just needed to scroll up the page to find the Elements 2021 download.  But here is a direct link to the Elements 2021 download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines