• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unistall and re-install an upgrade

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Elements 2018 as an upgrade, as I previously had Elements 10. Can I uninstall 2018 and re-install it without any problems?  I have the serial number for 2018 but I'm concerned that once I uninstall 2018 I won't have any 'previous' version on my computer - a previous version is required in order to use an upgrade.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pam,

There is no software check for a previously-installed version of Adobe Photoshop Elements for you to be eligible for the upgrade pricing. Remember you don't actually pay for the application, you pay for a license to use the application, so the only check that is done by Adobe is that you have previously bought a license for an older version... you are an "exisiting user" in their eyes.

Hope that helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Each version of the software is independent. This means that you can have both PSEv.10 and PSEv.18 on your computer.

2. The license for PSEv.18 is for installation on 2 computers. If you are going to uninstall PSEv.18, I suggest that you deactivate via the Help menu prior to taking this step.

3. There is no need to have PSEv.10 on your machine. Reinstalling PSEv18 does not overwrite the older version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines