• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update button no longer working in PSE 2019

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it is impossible to import Photos from my iphone I wanted to update my registered version of PSE 2019, but under Help>Update the Update button is no longer active, so updates are no longer possible!?!

How can I fix this to get the latest updates for my PSE product.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?  If you are using Windows, you cannot import HEIF files into Elements 2019.  And you presumably have the latest update to 2019 since the menu item is greyed out.  The solution is to use the iPhone Photos app Automatic setting to Transfer to Mac or PC.  This will convert HEIF photos to jpeg when imported to your computer.

Depending on your iPhone model, you may need Adobe Camera Raw version 13.x to import raw photos.  There is a workaround that may allow you to update Adobe Camera Raw.  See the instructions here

I will check out what version of ACR can be used with Elements 2019 (Windows) and let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I am on Windows 10. It makes me angry that a product that I bought less than 2 years ago is useless if pics are taken with an iphone. I will try your workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been unable to update Elements 2019 to ACR 13.x.  The highest I could get with the plug-ins on my machine was ACR 12.0.  That particular plug-in is not available on the plug-ins download page.  So, if you want to try the workaround, I would follow the instructions on my last post and then download the ACR 12.4 plug-in that is available there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a case where manually installing ACR 13.4 won't work?  I haven't tried doing with PSE 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Glenn 8675309, yes I tried the workaround with Elements 2019 and couldn't get 13.4 to work with it.  This is perhaps to be expected because ACR 13.x was a huge upgrade with a new UI.  I have been successful installing the ACR plug-in into Elements 2020, 2021 and now 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it is impossible to import Photos from my iphone I wanted to update my registered version of PSE 2019, but under Help>Update the Update button is no longer active, so updates are no longer possible!?!

How can I fix this to get the latest updates for my PSE product.

By @nijhao

Since the most important camera manufacturers insist on creating a new raw format for each new camera model and don't use the DNG universal raw format like some other smart manufacturers, that means that no converter, Adobe or third-party issued before the arrival of the model on the market, will recognize the new format.

The old answer from Adobe has been to issue the free DNGconverter to batch convert a whole folder of unsupported raw formats to DNG raw format. An additional batch step, but free and with the same quality. This free feature is also available for third party converters.

The workarounds to install the camera profiles of the full Photoshop ACR plugin mentioned in the other posts are interesting for relatively new PSE versions.That does not restore the features of the full Photoshop missing in the reduced ACR module for Elements.

If you don't have a very new camera, it does not make sense to update the camera raw module, there is nothing worth it. On one hand, you get a lot of new profiles, on the other you get a worse crop tool.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PSE 2021 and not able to open Myriad Arabic PDF font file.

Missing font?

Please Help me ;(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like it didn't get embedded with the pdf... download / install this, then try again...

https://arabicfonts.net/fonts/myriad-arabic-regular

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines