• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update to photoshop Elements 2021.2

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I view help-about photoshop elements-version I am told I have version 19.0, however, the update feature is grayed out.  I recently upgraded from elements 2015 to elements 2021.  Any guidance woudl be appreciated.

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

The 2021.2 update released on March 17 2021 was an Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 Photo Editor update only. The build number for the Photo Editor should be 19.0 (20210304.m.156367) once the update has been installed.

The Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 Organizer build number will remain the same at 19.0 (20210126.m.155261), if you have installed the 2021.1 update released on February 3 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Don't worry, you have the latest version (as indicated by the grayed-out Updates... menu option) 🙂

From versions 1 to 15 Photoshop Elements used the version number as part of the product name. When version 16 was released, Photoshop Elements began to use the year as part of the title (in line with many of the other Adobe products). Hence version 16 is known as Photoshop Elements 2018, version 17 as Photoshop Elements 2019, version 18 as Photoshop Elements 2020, up to the latest version 19 which is of course Photoshop Elements 2021.

Traditionally, software developers use version numbers to differentiate between releases, hence why internally Photoshop Elements still describes itself using the version number.

Hope that helps clear up the confusion! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply but my build number is not the most recent (the March/21 update) but the menu item to request the update is grayed out and I cannot request the update.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can verify the 2021 update you have by looking at the Build # as described here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  When I look at the build # on my software it is the update releassed in Feb/21.  I do not have the most current update but the menu item to update the software is grayed out and unusable.  This is my dilemma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling your current version and then download and install (the latest version) from this link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 2021.2 update released on March 17 2021 was an Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 Photo Editor update only. The build number for the Photo Editor should be 19.0 (20210304.m.156367) once the update has been installed.

The Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 Organizer build number will remain the same at 19.0 (20210126.m.155261), if you have installed the 2021.1 update released on February 3 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines