Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updates for Photoshop Elements for Mac Big Sur operations system compatibility

May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me how to download the necessary Photoshop Elements 11 updates as I have just upgraded my mac OS operating system to Big Sur and it is no longer compatible. I do not wish to buy new Photoshop app as I use it very occaisionally. TIA

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi

There is no updates available for Photoshop Elements 11 to make it run with Big Sur it's simply not compatible with that version of OS, the only options you have is to either upgrade to the most recent version of Photoshop Elements or revert the OS to a version that it was working on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There is no updates available for Photoshop Elements 11 to make it run with Big Sur it's simply not compatible with that version of OS, the only options you have is to either upgrade to the most recent version of Photoshop Elements or revert the OS to a version that it was working on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since your question is about Photoshop Elements, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted to PS Elements.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you chose Big Sur you chose to kick out all your old apps and buy new ones. That is set in stone by Apple. It's all part of the Joy Of Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting way you phrase it - "kick out all your old apps and buy new ones". I recently bought a new 64-bit iMac Big Sur and no one at Apple even hinted that this is what buying Big Sur would be about. All they said was that I would find that some old apps would no longer run on the Big Sur, but I would also find that Big Sur is far superior to my old 32-bit iMac. This is the 2nd time I've been "burned" by Apple. And I'm getting the sense that some s/w vendors (such as Adobe!) have been somewhat left in the lurch too. Caveat Emptor has never been so abused. But in my case it won't matter, I won't be buying another Apple product anyway. But I still want get Adobe's Photoshop Elements - somehow!

~ Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple really want you to blame everyone else, but they made the decision to block (absolutely and completely) old apps. This is a regular event, and it's widely expected that they will do it again in 2 years or less from now as the M1 transition completes. This is one strong reason for subscription software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK. Fool me once ... shame on Apple. Fool me twice ... shame on me.

I researched the iMac Big Sur as much as my personal knowledge
was capable of understanding, before I eventually purchasing one.
But Caveat Emptor still bit me on the A#@$. I've lost the use of
hundreds of dollars worth of pre-Big Sur s/w. I think Apple is play-
ing a risky game of hardball with their customer base. But they're
too big to fail, right? As I said, I won't be purchasing any future
Apple computers.

It appears I can't even get a 64-bit Photoshop Elements app for
my Big Sur, to replace the one I had that ran perfectly fine on my
old iMac! At least my old Win98 IBM desktop still runs OK, and is
still Internet capable!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same now with the overnight update to Win10. PSE11 - which I have used for years without issue - is now deader than a doornail. I did the uninstall and reinstall routine ... nothing happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines