• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updates Have been disabled for this machine

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Elements 2019.  When I try to run updates, i get "updates have been disabled for this machine. Please contact your administrator"

Windows 10, the adobe update service is running. I get a prompt saying there is an update available when I launch elements Organizer, but when I click install, i get that message.  I've looked in registry and cant figure out where this block is coming from?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Look in this location and see if you have a AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

C:\Program files(x86)\common files\adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

I have 2019.

Just before you posted this I got an email tyo try the below and it worked.  I was deleting that file from a different location!

Look in this location and see if you have a AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

C:\Program files(x86)\common files\adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. Restarted computer. Still have notification when re-opening Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop elements do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I search my hard drive for "Adobe Updater" I get the following:

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 1.49.55 PM.png

The application info shows version number 21.0 after Photoshop Elements 2023, with a long string of characters following:

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 1.52.49 PM.png

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The list of files are AdBlock Plus files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any external drives connected that have Time Machine backups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I have an external drive for Time Machine backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disconnect the external drive and see if that makes any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disconnected the external drive and restarted the computer. Noticed I had another icon for Photoshop Elements 2023 in Launchpad. Installed the application. Notification still comes up when I open Elements, but now I have two apps. Can I uninstall Elements? Should I uninstall both and reinstall?

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 12.32.52 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 12.33.28 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: I appreciate the time and energy you are sharing in order to try to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when you clicked on the Photoshop Elements 2023 shortcut an install application ran?

If you click on the shortcut thats labeled Photoshop Elements 2023, go to Help>System Info and scroll down to

Application folder, that should show the location.

You can do that with the other two shortcuts and see what their locations are.

appfo.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes, when I clicked on the Photoshop Elements 2023 shortcut an install application ran. Apparently it simply wrote over the original installation (?), since the System Info for the first two shortcuts look exactly the same (see screenshot below) and there doesn't seem to be a duplicate in the Applications folder (see screenshot in my earlier reply). When I clicked on the third shortcut, it tried to re-install, so I quit out of it.

system info.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you call Adobe support and if they have ideas that we haven't thought of.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Thanks for working on this with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried suggestions in this thread without success. Ended up uninstalling each of the apps (Photoshop, LRC etc) and ACC Manager itself. Then did fresh install of ACC Manager from where I was then able to install PS, LRTC etc ...that worked and have updated apps now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just experienced this issue after having installed and run "Advanced System Repair Pro" on a win 10 64 bit machine - have no clue whether it is linked or casual.

Adobe Creative Cloud had mysteriously disappeared and couldn't be reinstalled (jumped to 100% installed in a couple of secs), and Adobe Cloud web page was reporting "updates presently can't be downloaded", or something like that.

Deleting "C:\Program files(x86)\common files\adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0" didn't cure anything so I also decided to go the hard way and uninstall all Adobe apps, clean everything, and try a full re-install, but coming to Adobe Creative Cloud, it rather proposed a repair option, which I did.

It reinstalled properly and was fully functional - updates are accessible and downloading now.

youpiiii
keep safe

Vic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines