• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade 32 bit Photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Big Sur on my MacBook Air. How do I upgrade Photo Elements 10 to 64 bits

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by buying the most recent version (2021). Versions below 2020 will never work om Big Sur, nor will these versions ever get any updates. 
2021 wil also only get updates (if any) until the next  major version (2022?) arrives. 
maximum support of this software is only one year (and shorter when purchased later after release. 
after the next major release (every year) the previous version is abandoned 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edwin,

Your answer is a little disingenuous towards Adobe 😞

Like all their creative applications, Adobe supports both the current version and the prior version of Adobe Photoshop Elements in terms of technical support and security fixes. However, bug fixes are only for the current version. 

For example:

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 was updated to 2021.1 on 3rd February 2021. There is an ongoing issue with graphic tablet and pen support after applying this update, so no doubt a 2021.x is in the pipeline 🙂

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 had an update to 2020.2 on 6th January 2021 (3 months after Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 was released). This was a Windows-only security patch.

And even though this is officially a user-to-user support community for Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe employees do step in to help out with issues no matter what version a user is having problems with.

The term "abandoned" is a little bit harsh, maybe "gently retired" is a more fitting description 🙂

Don't forget that as long as you don't change your operating system or your computer, Photoshop Elements will carry on working (more-or-less) forever, as all the current Photoshop Elements 10 (and earlier) users will attest to 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thankfully we still can disagree on things. I personally think that abbandoned is a fine word for it. I have PSE2019, and i believe that this version had only 1 update in the year it was the active version.
Even the camera raw software (that is updated many times for photoshop and lightroom) is almost never updated for an elements version. If you are satisfied with your elements version and get another camera, well to bad for you. You cannot use camera raw and have to use the workaround to first convert to DNG.

Any questions related to previous versions are only answered with "you must upgrade to the most recent version". 

Elements is the only software i know (and use) that has this short updates of the software, and i believe that this is a deliberate action. 

Just a simple example. Why not release something like camera raw for versions up to (let's say) 5 or 6 years. This should not be a problem. 

This is also the reason that on a new laptop i bought affinity photo (and can advice others to do so). does anything elements can do for editing, is way cheaper (just bought it with a nice 50% discount) and has frequent updates. 

So sorry, but my opinion is still that Adobe abandones elements versions way to fast deliberetly to pust users to pay for updates of the software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You will need to upgrade to Photoshop Elements 2021 as macOS Big Sur only supports 64-bit applications.

As this will be your first Photoshop Elements upgrade for 10 years, you should hopefully find enough new features to warrant the $69.99 upgrade price (that's the current Adobe USA offer and is valid until 14th March) 🙂

You might want to download a free 30-day trial first:

Download Trial 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines