• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade an old CS5 program

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an outdated CS5 Extended teacher edition PS program with the product and serial #'s. It will no longer run on my Mac. Is there a way to update the program to run on a Mac mini 2012 running Catalina 10.15.7? I am a beginner getting back to taking pictures. I do not need an expensive program or subscription. 

Thank you,

Irwin

TOPICS
How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

The communication with Adobe directly has allowed me to download a version that works on my computer. Thanks to all who responded. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the most recent versions of Photoshop Elements (and the subscription Photoshop CC) require MacOS 11 or later.  I don't know enough about Macs to tell you whether you can upgrade your OS, or if later MacOS versions support your computer.

You may be able to find Elements 2022 available for purchase from an online retailer (or maybe eBay).  That version runs on MacOS 10.15.

BUT make sure you are buying a Mac version and also be very careful about who you are buying from as there are a lot of scammers selling the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Greg for the info...PS 2022 would work with the operating system, unfortunately, my computer processor is too old. It is a 2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5. That's my dilemma. PS 2020 would work, however, it is impossible to find one with the serial number.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe don't provide older versions of their apps, they just move on leaving people with old computers behind. You need to either get a new Mac, or look for non-Adobe alternatives.  Or go back to the system you had before the unwise upgrade to Catalina. Dual boot is a possibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Irwin27622735qbar Thanks for reaching out to Adobe! Please refer minimum system requirement document for PSE 2022 https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements/older-versions.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The communication with Adobe directly has allowed me to download a version that works on my computer. Thanks to all who responded. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you sure that was Adobe? Scammers operate in these forums. If they sold you any kind of upgrade to Creative Suite, it is a scam, and your problems may be about to get worse....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines