• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade from Elements 15 to 2020 to get support of HEIC. Nothing but troubles so far - anyone tips?

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community!

Heavy user of Elements 15, but after acquisition of (business-mandatory) iPhone, I was not able to import any HEIC, so I saved them on .jpg, and through USB in "compatible" mode, got them into EL15. But that was cumbersome, and lots of quality issues.

Now I got over 3500 pictures, and discoverd that EL2020 support HEIC natively. Hooray, I guess. So after acquiring EL2020, connected my phone on USB. "Device offline / disconnects" all the time. Could be linked to the MDM suite on the iPhone (lockscreen rules), according to Apple. Their advice: buy some iCloud space so your pictures get synced to iCloud Photos, and install iCloud on your Windows 10 PC. So far so good, and indeed, I see my 3500 pictures! Hooray I guess. Performing "bulk import" from EL2020 crashed after 2 minutes. Retried it, crashed again after 3 minutes. No crash report, nothing. EL2020 just closes. As a last resort, I ctrl-A all in that iCloud directory, and copied the whole damn thing over to a local drive. Took lots of time (+-20GB). Time to try EL2020 again!

But. You can guess: it import 500-600'ish pictures, and thén I get this crash report. Did fill out the fields to send over to Adobe, but in the end:

- bought iCloud stuff for nothing

- bought Elements 2020 for nothing

This is a huge disappointment from the start.

Anyone with a golden tip?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?