• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade from Photoshop Elements 2019 to Photoshop Elements 2020

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Photoshop Elements 2019 6 months ago and am now being asked to pay another £80 to upgrade to the latest. Surely an upgrade in so short a period of time should be free!!

I will not pay for the upgrade so am looking for an alternative product. Can anyone recommend please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop/Premiere Elements generally updates on an annual basis, most frequently in late September or early October.  Most other editing software does the same.  In the past, Adobe has had a policy of upgrading a purchase for free if the older product was purchased within 30 days of the new release.  I'm not sure of the exact policy now, but users always have a 30 day free trial.  If you purchase rather than download a free trial, I am sure sales support would allow you to upgrade for free.  I know of no other software publisher who would give you a free upgrade for a product purchased 6 months before the new product is released.

Noone is forcing you to upgrade.  Your copy of 2019 will likely still work for many years into the future.   If you search this forum, you will see many users who still have working copies of the product that are many years old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Elements 2019 doesn't seem to work on Catalina. I've typically upgraded about every 3rd or 4th version. the differences between a yearly version isn't enough to pay nearly $100 annually. My version stopped working only 6 months after purchasing. I could have easily waited until Catalina and upgraded directly to version 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are only 3 files 32bit in Photoshop Elements: AAM Updates Notifier, AAM Launcher and Adobe Application Manager. I have removed Adobe Elements 2019 Organizer, Adobe Installers and Adobe Application Manager from the apps list. When I start Photoshop Elements 2019, the message "Your application install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application" appears, click ok and Photoshop works normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be worthwhile waiting a few weeks. Black Friday promotions in November often see on-line retailers like Amazon, Costco etc offering the product below the cost of the Adobe upgrade. In the meantime you could test the new features in the 2020 product free for 30 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in a similar boat, but 2018 purchased a year ago. According to the system report, PE 2018 is 64 bit, it's the underlying support files (updater, application manager...) that are 32 bit.

I haven't installed Catalina yet. I'm wondering if downloading the 2020 trial will install the 64 bit versions of these files that will allow 2018 and 2019 to run. Has anyone tried that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to chat to Customer Service. They passed me to Sales, who passed me to Technical, who passed me back to Sales, who passed me back to Customer Service. Then they just disappeared!! What a useless company. Maybe they should be renamed Customer Non Service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same boat.  The upgrade discount sucks but it is all there is.  The alternative is an adobe subscription with photoshop full and lightroom and others for 9.99 a month.  It comes with 20 gb storage... But you won't get some features still in PE.. haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe sold Photoshop Elements 2019 as 64-bit software, so all buyers were cheated! Three parts of the software are 32 bit and prevent proper operation. I have upgraded to Catalina and then put everything from Adobe in the trash except the "Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019" folder which contains the "Support Files" and "Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019.app" subfolders. When starting the editor you will see the error message "Your application install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application." Click OK and Photoshop Editor works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were plenty of public adviseries, cautions, etc leading up to Catalina's rollout which you apparently didn't bother reading or taking too seriously.  As I understand it, Apple began alerting customers of the changes coming to Mac OS X 10.15 way back when Mojave was released. 

Not optimized.png

Sorry for present circumstances but you're not a victim of Adobe or Apple but rather your own misteps.  Own it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have misunderstood the message from terryjbennett and from me. We and many others bought PSE2019 as a 64 bit version. Adobe left 3 files (32-bit) unmodified in the software (AAMUpdatesNotifier.app, AAMLauncher.app and AdobeApplicationManager.app), so that the so-called 64-bit version PSE2019 does not work in Catalina. This is not a fault of Apple or of the buyers of PSE2019 but of Adobe! They do not respond to any complaints from their buyers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Adobe lied to me. I was specifically told 19 would work with the 64 bit change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines