• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade path?

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a boxed CD version of Elements 14 (purchased in 2016), serial # on back of CD sleeve. I recently had to buy a new Mac. I see the installer surprisingly has a universal "NOT" symbol over it, I guess meaning it's 32bit an therefore won't run (I was able to use the previous version of Elements for many years longer than this). Is there an upgrade path on purchasing the new version? Thanks.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Your new Mac is running macOS Catalina. The only version of Elements supported on Catalina is the current version 2020.

All previous versions of Elements qualify for upgrade pricing.

It's a simple process.

1. You buy the upgrade version of Elements 2020 and install it (no need to try and install Elements 14 first - it won't install on Catalina anyway),
  2. Enter your upgrade serial number (for the 2020 version)
  3. Enter your Elements 14 serial number (to verify you're eligible to use the upgrade seri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your new Mac is running macOS Catalina. The only version of Elements supported on Catalina is the current version 2020.

All previous versions of Elements qualify for upgrade pricing.

It's a simple process.

1. You buy the upgrade version of Elements 2020 and install it (no need to try and install Elements 14 first - it won't install on Catalina anyway),
  2. Enter your upgrade serial number (for the 2020 version)
  3. Enter your Elements 14 serial number (to verify you're eligible to use the upgrade serial number).

Shop around though. You'll often find the price of a brand new (not upgrade) version of Elements is cheaper than the upgrade version. One advantage of the brand new version is that, when reinstalling, you only need one serial number - the previous version serial number is not required.

Note: the upgrade version and the brand new version are identical in all respects. The price and some license conditions are the only difference between them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see Adobe itself currently has a sale and what looks to be the best price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines