• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used (or tried to use) PSE for several years but there have always been problems. The response time with anything I try to do makes the software unusable for me.  I upgrade and it makes no difference. The issues are the same. Should I even try upgrading again? Have response time issues improved with upgrades? Is the problem with the transferring of existing data to the new software? WHERE can I get the answers to fix these issues? Nothig I've been told has ever resolved the issue. 

Or can anyone tell me what other software I can get to organize and edit my photos? I won't buy another upgrade to PSE without help.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop Elements are you currently using?

What are the specs of your computer? Which operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responnding.

I currently have PSE 2019 but have had the issue with previous versions also. Most of the response time, etc probs are from the Organizer.

I'm on a macOS Monterey v 12.6.2. I may be replacing my mac with a new mac within the next 4-5 months too. 

Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2019 is not supported by Adobe on Monterey so that may be your first issue. PSE 2019 requires Mojave, Catalina or Big Sur.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop-elements/system-requirements/older-versions.html

Did you already have PSE 2019 installed on an older operating system then upgraded to Monterey?

You could try downloading and installing the trial version of the current Elements 2023 (free to use for 30 days prior to purchasing) and see if it runs any better.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/try-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, PSE19 was installed several Mac OS versions ago. I had always been willing to upgrade to the latest PSE versions until I started having issues right away.

I'm going to try the trial version as you suggested. Thanks again.

Lorna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I download the trial version, do you recommend uninstalling previous PSE versions? If so, can you tell me the best way to do that? 
Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need. Each version of Photoshop Elements installs separately on your computer.

You can install 2023, run it then uninstall it without affecting your existing versions.

Anyway, you wouldn't want to uninstall your existing versions in case you finish the trial and do not want to keep 2023 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines