• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrades

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to upgrade from Elements 11 to either Elements 20 or 21? and what is the cost, Windows 10

Liam

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/download-trial/try.html

You may get a discount from Adobe as a repeat customer. Check for price in the box stores & Amazon as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .  and buying Elements 2021 (even with a discounted price from Adobe) is not really an upgrade.  Different versions of the program are entirely independent and can exist together on the computer.   You are definitely eligible for the Adobe discount.   If you choose that option, it is my understanding that you will receive the same serial number as your earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you choose that option, it is my understanding that you will receive the same serial number as your earlier version.

No, Greg, the serial number will be different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg

Many thanks for that 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 2021 now up and running.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Revjames can you please let us know whether you purchased an upgrade version from Adobe, and whether you received a different serial number than the prior version?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Whenever I've purchased Elements (and Creative Suite, back in the day) upgrades, I've always received a different serial number.

It's always been my understanding that the only difference between full versions and upgrades is the serial number. So, the licensing mechanism (full vs upgrade) would seem to be triggered by the serial number entered. Upgrade serials require verification by subsequently entering a previous version serial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John Waller said:

Upgrade serials require verification by subsequently entering a previous version serial.

Thanks, John (and Michel). I haven't purchased an upgrade version in many years.  I thought that I had read somewhere that the serial numbers would be the same.  Perhaps, I misremembered the comment.  Certainly, what you say makes more sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg

Had the upgrade which was the full version serial number was differant to the previous one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines