Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading elements 15 to 2020 and then upgrading to Catalina

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade to Catalina and currently use element 15.

My question is around the sequnce of events, and I would like the forum to confirm this and to clarify what I should expect:

1 - "Upgrade" to 2020 from 15 - is this just installing elements 2020, and would this appear as a separate application, so 15 would still exsit?  Would the elements 15 files get upgraded and open in elements 2020?

2- Uninstall elements 15 - As a recommendaiton I have seen in the Adobe site, to install 32 bits application before upgrading to Catalina.  Do I eed to do this?

3- Upgrade to Catalina.

Am I missing any high level steps, what issues am I bound to encounter on steps number 1 and number 2?  Is there any step by step guide offered on the upgrade from Adobe that I can get a link to?

Many thanks in advanced for the assitance.

Kim

TOPICS
Download and install , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kim, I know almost nothing about Macs.  However, I can tell you that Elements 15 will not work on a Catalina machine.

Each version of Elements is independent and two versions of Elements can be installed without bothering each other.  However, since version 15 won't work on your upgraded machine, there is no reason to keep it around.  Having said that, if you are using the Organizer, the existing catalog will be converted for use with the new version of Elements.  As part of the conversion process, it will make a backup copy of your old version 15 catalog.  However, once the conversion has taken place, you will not need to keep the backup copy (although the size is not very large, and it is always a good idea to keep multiple copies of your data files).

One final point: if you have not yet purchased Elements 2020, you may want to wait a little while since, based on past history, this is the time of year when a new version is likely to be released.  In the meantime, you can install a 30 day free trial of Elements 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Greg,

Could you let me know if there are any known issues with unsinstallng 15 or any prioir versions.  would I have any problems opening files created in prior versions, in the latest version?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kim, as I said, I know very little about Macs.  But I don't imagine there are any unsolvable issues when you uninstall a prior version.  As for files that you have edited in prior versions, they will all show up and can be edited in the Elements Editor.  The one exception to this is that newer versions no longer support some varieties of pdf file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines