• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading to Elements 20 from 18: beware

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 20 was on sale yesterday on Amazon, and I thought the new Select Subject feature was cool, so I bought it. Big mistake. It took forever to install. When it asked for my license number, I didn’t have it; it turns out that I was supposed to write it down during the install. Then I opened the Organizer. It asked to convert my old catalog; I let it. When it then opened, almost nothing was there, just five recent folders. It told me it had 3,000+ items to import—which was all the files in my old Organizer—so I let it. It imported them, and my star ratings—but not a single Tag! All my tags, gone. I went to the Adobe website and saw no option for calling Adobe support for the product I’d just purchased. At that point, I called Amazon, got my purchase refunded, and uninstalled Elements 20. I love Elements, but—well, enough: no point in going on a rant about Adobe; it ain’t gonna change anything.

TOPICS
Bug , Download and install , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?