• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading to PSE 2023--Need advice about photo editing

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just learned that I need to upgrade from PSE 2019 to 2023. I have also been using Lightroom for photo editing. Should I consider purchasing the PSE/Premiere Elements package instead of Lightroom? I don't edit videos or create slide shows. 

TOPICS
Feature request , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angela. Why do you think you might need the Elements bundle that includes Premiere Elements?  If you don't edit videos or want a more robust slideshow editor than Photoshop Elements already provides, I can't think of any reason for you to buy both. 

If your question is comparing Elements to Lightroom, that is an entirely different question and requires you to consider your own editing needs. Since you already have Elements 2019 and have already used Lightroom, I don't know what advice we can add.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not comparing Photoshop Elements to Lightroom, I was asking about
whether I should cancel my monthly subscription to Lightroom and use
Premier Elements instead. I have to upgrade to 2023 because my 2019 PSE is
not supported by my new Mac. I am wondering if I should purchase the 2023
Premier Elements and Photoshop Elements bundle. Premier has photo editing
capabilities as well. I would like to know whether I should keep Lightroom
or purchase premier elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry if I'm being pedantic here:

• Premiere Elements is a video editor
  • Photoshop Elements is a photo editor
  • Purchasing either Elements program includes the Elements Organizer which has a rudimentary Instant Fix photo editor
  • If you are not going to edit videos or produce custom slideshows, there is no reason to purchase Premiere Elements by itself or as part of a bundle of Premiere and Photoshop Elements
  • Lightroom is a subscription program that is constantly updated; Elements is a permanent license purchase that you can use as long as your computer will support it.  Unfortunately with Macs, that often doesn't last very long, as you have found out with your Elements 2019;
  • Lightroom is a more fully featured photo editor than Elements, but since you haven't told us your level of skill or how you intend to use the program, it is impossible to offer any further opinion about which you should purchase.  I have many photo editing programs and plug-ins, but for 80% of my needs, I am happy just to use the Instant Fix editor that is a feature of the Elements Organizer.

Elements 2023 has added or improved features since Elements 2019.  You can check it out with a 30 day free trial available here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your response. That does clear a few things up for me. I was not explaining myself well last night and I am still in the learning phase of PSE. I am using that program to create digital memory pages, and have not explored the photo editor much. I have been using presets that I like in Lightroom to edit photos. In the Premier Elements description it refers to photo editing capabilities, and I was wondering about those. I think I will just upgrade to 2023 PSE and keep my Lightroom subscription. I appreciate your comments!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines