• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old photoshop elements 10 that will not work on my new Imac24. Is i possible to upgrade, or do I need to get a new license

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each version of Elements is an independent program. However, as an existing owner, you are entitled to a discount if you purchase from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Greg said, plus, from my experience- you are given a choice to check a box that says "Yes I own a previous copy" during the purchase process- adobe checks really quick to see if you have a previous version (behind the scene stuff) and if you do you typically get $20 knocked off.

The price right now is $99- I would recommend download a trial version, isntall it, use it, and see if the price drops before your 30 day trial expires.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, there is no behind the scenes eligibility check performed when using the purchasing form. You just select License upgrade and the cheaper price is shown. Adobe does not know if you're eligible until you install and enter your previous version serial number.

When you install, you then enter your upgrade serial number and the installer will recognise it as an upgrade serial number then ask you to enter a serial number from a previous qualifying version. If you have not got one, you cannot license or activate the software and it will not work beyond the 30 day trial period.

That said, I have personally always preferred to pay for a Full license each time. Then you get a new licensed version which means a) you only have to enter one serial number when reinstalling (many people lose their earlier version numbers), b) you can sell or give away your previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full price for a license? Makes zero sense, but go for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

$20 difference. I'd rather get a full license and stay flexible. Can sell the previous version and get more than the discount back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines