• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Galaxy A6 tablet as graphic tablet

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking to purchase a Wacom graphic tablet and sudenly thought what if I can use my new Samsung A6 tablet insted?

Has anyone managed to do this and if so how please.

If I do decide to go with a dedicated graphic tablet which one would you recommend under £100

Thanks  Ian

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry forgot to say I am using Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help with this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to look it up but the Samsung site is stalling too long for my patience, but as far as I know a Samsung A6 tablet runs on Android. Photoshop Elements was designed for Windows. So... no, you can't run that on your tablet. There is a smaller Photoshop lite version available in the Google playstore, that should be doable, but anything beyond that won't work.

Simply put: if it's not available in the Google store then it won't run on your tablet. *

* This is technically not 100% true because you can "side-load" individual Android apps, but that's beyond the scope of this post; it also doesn't change anything regarding my comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for using your Galaxy A6 tablet as a graphics tablet (instead of a Wacom or similar) in conjunction with running PSE 2020 on Windows, yes, it's possible but it's really an unsatisfactory hack. OK if you're a beginner or perhaps in an emergency.

See https://www.bestintech.reviews/how-to-use-android-tablet-as-drawing-pad-for-pc/

With that option, you don't get any pressure sensitiviy which is one of the main features of Wacom etc.

It's really a workaround in the absence of a real graphics tablet. It requires Java and a Wifi drawing app for the A6 tablet

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wifitablet&hl=en_AU&gl=US

There is also: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sunnysidesoft.VirtualTablet.lite&hl=en&gl=US

>>>If I do decide to go with a dedicated graphic tablet which one would you recommend under £100

That would be my preferred option. For cheap, capable drawing tablets, try the Huion range.

https://store.huion.com/collections/pen-tablet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Virtual Tablet works and By the way The Samsung A6 Stlus that comes with it has over 4000 levels of pressure sensitivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Virtual Tablet works.

Thanks for the correction about  the Samsung A6 stylus pressure sensitivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines