• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using CanoScan 8800F with Elements 2018

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run Elements 2018 under Windows 10 (64 bit) and have a scanner - CanoScan 8800F which I have previously used to scan my slides. At that time I was running Windows 7 and Elements 9.

I have two problems with my new system:

1. The program recognises my scanner but does not scan the slide properly - see Elements2018_2

2. When I try to use any of the help functions I get an error - see Elements2018_1

I checked with Canon and they say there is no Windows 10 driver for my scanner but it should work anyway!

Does anyone have a solution to this problem and would investing in a new scanner necessarily solve the problem?

John McWilliam

TOPICS
Import and export , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you point out, the info. from Canon is that they do not have available a driver for Windows 10.  

Earlier this year I purchased a new desktop with Windows 10,

My Lexmark printer/scanner was recognized by Windows 10 . I can print, but not scan with it via the computer. I could not find an updated driver.

My Epson printer/scanner was recognized as well. I could print, but not scan. On the Epson web site I found the appropriate driver for Windows 10, and both print and scan work well.

This has nothing to do with Photoshop Elements. Suggest that you go to a reliable store, e.g. Best Buy, and check on the box of a replacement scanner as to the system requirements and compatibility with your operating system. Also chat with the sales person.

Before you do that, call Canon again and perhaps you will talk to another functionary who can identify a driver that will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the input. As regards VueScan it works with my scanner but still does not offer the specific ability to scan slides.
I have now found that the CanoScan software MP Navigator Ex 1.0 can be used to scan slides. The files can then be imported into Elements for further enhancement and archiving.
I tried changing the scanner driver compatibility property suggested by Canon but this did not help and running the scanner from within Elements does not appear to be an option.
John McWilliam

Skickat från min iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try Vuescan and see if that works:

(it's not free, but you can try it as a trial before you buy)

(cheaper than a new scanner)

https://www.hamrick.com/

Another alternative is to do your slide scanning with a digital slr if you have one.

Or try the Canon software for scanning and then import the images into photoshop elements for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines