Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Elements on Network Drive

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, new elements user here coming from Picasa

I've installed elements 2022 and ran the import, selecting a netword drive on my home setup here

the name of the network location I imported from was: \\readyshare.routerlogin.com\Seagate Backup Drive\PHOTOS  (please see screenshot 1) - everything imported just fine

THEN, I set up a watched folder, so that anything I dumped into that \PHOTOS folder in the future would be imported automatically to the existing structure. I selected the EXACT location for my watched folder. In other words, the same folder I ran the initial import from \readyshare.routerlogin.com\Seagate Backup Drive\PHOTOS

In doing a test, I created a new folder under \readyshare.routerlogin.com\Seagate Backup Drive\PHOTOS (named 1967-test) in windows explorer and placed an image in there to see if elements would pick it up and import it.  It did, but it appears it has created another identical location and is now listed twice. I cannot figure out what is going on, but as you can see, the auto import ONLY pulled in the 1 new folder I created, it did not sync the rest of my already cataloged folders & files. It for some reason created an almost identical new location (see screenshot 2)

The only difference I see is the name of the new network location it created for the watched folder is \\READYSHARE\Seagate Backup Drive\PHOTOS

Why would this happen? Does elements think these are 2 separate locations?  I expected elements to simply add the new folder /image I created to the existing treee?

Any experts out there that may have some insight as to why this occurs?  Any way to fix this behavior? Thanks in advance!

Jeff

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines