• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using elements to build slideshow on 1 pc and view on another

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking on upgrading to photo elements 2020-However If I build a slide show on my desktop pc and want to view it on tv in another room using a laptop plugged into tv -how can I do this?

Will the laptop see the slide show built on desktop  or do I need to do some sort of cloud sharing. I cannot do remote desktop

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save a slideshow as an mp4 file which you can transfer to your laptop via your home network or a USB thumbdrive.  You can then play the mp4 on your laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would the resolution compare to a conventional slide show? Meaning a list of jpeg files being played back through a slide show player. I could crank up bit rate/codec to compensate for any lossy but not sure how it would compare to viewing a jpeg?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Organizer's slideshow can be exported as either 720 or 1080 resolution (and there are no options to increase bitrate or change the codec).  Presumably you have at least an HD resolution TV.  You should see no noticeable loss in quality over simply outputting a photo displayed on your laptop screen to the TV.

There is a 30 day free trial of Elements 2020 which you can find here.  Based on past history, by the time your trial expires, a new version will be out. So, you can determine for yourself whether the program suits your needs. You haven't stated what version of Elements you have now.  If it is more than 3(?) years old, be aware that the newer versions have an entirely new slideshow editor.  Some folk prefer the old one and will keep the older version of the program installed in order to retain the legacy editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so If I read this right the new version will be elements 2021 or called
something unique?
If I get the 30 day free on version2020 then I can upgrade to a new version
once its available
but only pay for one of them? I would hate to but ver2020 and then have to
buy yet again a newer release......
By the way your explanation of resolution made sense and I understand
thanks for that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the past, if you purchased a version of Elements within 30 days of the release of a newer version, you would be able to upgrade to that newer version for free (after jumping through some hoops).  I don't know whether that policy is still in effect.  If you were to purchase Elements 2020 now, I don't know if you would be eligible for a free upgrade.  If I were you, I would download the free trial and see whether a newer version is released between now and then. 

Generally, owners of any prior version of Elements have been able to get a discount on the purchase of a new version when it is released.  Then, as we approach the holiday season (Black Friday in the US etc.), other retailers (and even Adobe) give larger discounts than the upgrade pricing.  This is only what has happened in the past.  Who knows whether things will change during the current pandemic.  Your guess is as good as mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines