• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Haze removal

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to try the haze removal as I have never used it before and don't have a clue on what I am doing.

Anyway when I go to that option the whole list is printed in light gray print and not black.

I  try to open this but nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Hope I do not get confused with your answer as this stuff is hard to comprehend.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Open an image in Editor, Expert mode.  Go to Mode in your Image menu and make sure RGB Color is checked and that

8 bits/Channel is grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open an image in Editor, Expert mode.  Go to Mode in your Image menu and make sure RGB Color is checked and that

8 bits/Channel is grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked! Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are probably two mistakes that beginners make related to your question.  The first is that many of Elements' features must be used in the Expert tab rather than the Quick editing mode.  The second is that, even in the Expert Mode, a photo has to be open in the editor before the menu commands come to life.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.03.18_19h03m49s_008_.png

Phinny's response has covered both of these issues, and also a third, which I suspect does not apply here, namely, the Haze Removal tool does not work on Black and White (greyscale) images.  So, I think Phinny has covered all of the bases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what I was doing. But auto haze removal is still grayed out.  Any other suggestions if these did not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are both of the Haze Removal tools not working?  Have you tried the keyboard shortcuts:  Alt+Ctrl+A (Auto Haze removal); Alt+Ctrl+Z (Haze Removal)?

And are you sure that the menus are "greyed out".  There is very little contrast between active and inactive:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.03.19_15h47m49s_000_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines