• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Silverfast within Photoshop Elements

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2006 I bought a Plustek OpticFilm 7600i with SilverFast.  Looking at my old first scan images they were produced (saved?) in Photoshop 7.0.

If I remember correctly Photoshop ‘called’ SilverFast to do the scanning and then were saved by Photoshop, which is now seen in the file’s properties.

This year I purchased a new HPzBook running Windows 10 Pro 64bit.  I’ve bought the latest versions of SilverFast and Photoshop Elements 2020.  Both have been updated in the last few days to the latest release.  I saw that Photoshop bridge was also installed, when I installed the latest releases.

However, I am unable to ‘call’ Silverfast from within Photoshop as I did in 2006.

Has this feature been removed or have I yet to learn how to do it?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the LaserSoft website, Silverfast 8.8 is only compatible with Photoshop Elements versions 8 to 14.

https://www.silverfast.com/show/sysreq/en.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks John for your advice.  I guess that I've wasted my money on PE 2020 and maybe I should instal my old PS 7.0.

However since 2006, I can't remember why I chose to use the two programs together.  There must have been an advantage then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks John for your advice.  I guess that I've wasted my money on PE 2020 and maybe I should instal my old PS 7.0.

However since 2006, I can't remember why I chose to use the two programs together.  There must have been an advantage then.

By @Landyman130

I am now evaluating Silverfast Ai Studio 9, prior to possibly buying an upgrade.

I understand that Photoshop Elements 2020 can now work with Silverfast.

A couple of days ago, I uninstalled Silverfast 8.8 and the Plustek OpticFilm drivers.  After a re-boot I installed the latest drivers for the 7600i and then a demo of SF9.

Today PE 2020 was upgraded, but I still can't get the two programs to work together.

Any new suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>>>I understand that Photoshop Elements 2020 can now work with Silverfast.

Yes that looks correct. https://www.silverfast.com/show/sysreq/en.html

"SilverFast 9 supports 64-bit Photoshop:

• Photoshop CC, CC 2014, CC 2015.X, CC 2017 - 2021
  • Photoshop CS4, Photoshop CS5, Photoshop CS5.5, Photoshop CS6
  • Photoshop Elements 13, Elements 14, Elements 15, Elements 2018 - 2021"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines