• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Version Update Issue

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loaded Photoshop Elements 2021 updating from version 7.  All the files seem to be there however none of the many tags set up don't seem to have converted.  This is a problem since I have 26,000+ photos  in thee catalog and obviously am not interested in reentering them manually.  Am I out  of lucki???

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe what you did after installing version 2021 on the same computer?

You were supposed to agree to the prompt to convert your old catalog. No import, no backup/restore required.

Then, your current catalog in PSE 2021 should have all your tags in the new structure introduced in PSE11, with separate tabs for people, places and events.

If the new catalog is empty, you can use the menu File >> manage catalogs and use the button 'convert' to start a new conversion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes in fact the Keyword Tags were converted;  I just didn't know where to find them.  All appears to be ok at this point.  Thank you for your prompt response....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not out of luck.  You should have been given the opportunity to convert your catalog when you first launched the Elements 2021 Organizer.  If you missed that, go to File>Manage Catalogs and click on the Convert button.  If your version 7 catalog did not get converted, it should show up in the dialog box.  If you had a failed conversion, you may have to check the Show Previously Converted Catalogs box.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.02.08_12h32m14s_002_.png

And just to confirm that you did not previously convert the catalog, I am assuming that when you first opened the program, you chose to go through the Import file process which would have found all images stored in default locations on your computer.  If this is not what happened, please give us more details of what you did when the Organizer first launched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  The tags in fact did get converted, I just didn't know where to find them.  All appears to be ok at this point.  The 2021 version is so different from the 7 that I was obviously using for a long time, it will be a learning process.  As usual the Adobe community has been very hwlpful, as usual....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm curious why you missed the tags panel.  Was the right-hand tags/info panel not open at all, or did it open to the info panel by default?  Either way, that would be a bad default in my opinion.  Or were you confused by the adaptive view in the media grid instead of having the details view (Ctrl+D) present.  (I also think that is a bad default for users who have upgraded from an earlier version.)

In any event, all's well that end's well.  There are many new features for you to enjoy since version 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines