• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

very strange bug message, please help (Photoshop licence not working)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everyone,

does any of you know what to do with this bug notification?

it says "connect to internet and try again"

(I am connected of course, and i checked the license number, it's correct).

bug Photoshop licence masquée.png

-> before buying the official license number I am struggling with, I bought a Photoshop software " license included" on a french marketplace. It worked fine during 90 days, then asked for a license number. Obviously, it was a hacked software. I desinstalled it with Revo Uninstaller in order to get rid of all the registry files, I now i wonder if Revo Uninstaller was "not enough" & it is the reason why I cannot install the official license? Is there a specific file I should delete manually with regedit windows functionality? How can I fix this installation issue please?

and last but not least, how can I denounce the vendor that sold me a hacked Adobe software please.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Ah. Actually Elements has its own forum (this is the "main" Photoshop forum). But yes, Elements is a perpetual license with a serial number.

But anyway, I agree with Test Screen Name that the install of the pirate version very likely installed malware that is causing this. Pirate software will naturally try to stop legitimate access to Adobe servers.

I think your best option here is a clean reformat and reinstall of Windows. I know, not something you want to do, but it's the only way to be s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

@JC296541949p6j 

Send a report to piracy@adobe.com 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hacked Photoshop software does lots of bad things. One is to change your computer so it can't connect to Adobe... there could be many worse things. If it were me I would delete everything, lose all my files, and start again with an empty disk. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately I need Photoshop, but also need to keep my computer. It would take me weeks to install and parameter everything. I am fully paralyzed and write these words with an eye tracking equipment, all I do take 3 times longer than you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anything to do manually with regedit windows functionality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JC296541949p6j "before buying the official license number I am struggling with"

Photoshop is only available on subscription and does require a licence number, you only need to sign in with your Adobe account and password

It you're referring to CS6, this has not been sold legally by Adobe for some time

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I forgot to mention it is Photoshop Elements 2023, I think there is an official offer for permanent license number for this version, I bought it on Amazon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant lifetime licence number for this version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. Actually Elements has its own forum (this is the "main" Photoshop forum). But yes, Elements is a perpetual license with a serial number.

But anyway, I agree with Test Screen Name that the install of the pirate version very likely installed malware that is causing this. Pirate software will naturally try to stop legitimate access to Adobe servers.

I think your best option here is a clean reformat and reinstall of Windows. I know, not something you want to do, but it's the only way to be safe in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a so bad new for me!

please how can I denounce this vendor to Adobe? (i am in France).

I want to destroy its unacceptable business, that becomes a nightmare for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@JC296541949p6j 

Send a report to piracy@adobe.com 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines