• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viewing pictures in organizer events in chronological order

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Elements and Organizer, and it is not intuitive. 

I have over 3000 pictures from my cruise, and I am a linear person. I want to look at things in chronological order, from the start of the cruise (the oldest pictures) at the top to the end of the cruise at the bottom.

I see that I can sort oldest first in a day, but it looks like the only choice is to have the newest date first???

😞

Am I missing something?

chronological.png

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then choose the 'oldest' order in the 'Sort by' dropdown menu on the third line of the Organizer and don't use the additional preference which most users prefer.

Take the time to check how that works in all views of the organizer, particularly when browsing albums. You can always choose between newest (by far preferred for new contents), oldest (preferred for looking within an event, an album or a simple selection), by name or useful but often overlooked, by import batch. The additional preference fits my two linear views: linear newest for reviewing most dates, linear oldest within a selection, an album or an event.

By the way I have never understood why Adobe introduced the special 'Events' tab, the older Events category in the normal keywords hierarchy was simple enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Michel says, you need to use the Sort by: Oldest option:

Snap_2021.11.12_13h8m5s_008.png

But over time, this will force you to perform a lot of scrolling to get to your most recent photos in chronological order.  When this happens, you can use the Home and End keys to move to the top and bottom of the grid.

Added:  I have never really used the Events tab in the Organizer and had not noticed before that the sort order of Events apparently can't be changed.  For this reason, you may want to use Albums to organize your images.  The sort order of Albums can be totally customized.  Alternatively, use keyword tags e.g. Alaska Cruise.  When you select the tagged images in the keyword tags panel, they will be sorted in the grid according to the Sort by order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines