Copied

Hello, how to classify my photos by visual similarity? Thank you

TOPICS
Actions , How to , Mac , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tip: to get help and suggestions about that feature, simply type 'visual similarity' in the text entry box of the home screen.

As you'll discover, there are several goals which can be achieved by calcuating the degree of similarity of images.

What are you expecting particularly?

If the feature is important for you, I suggest to use the organizer option to 'repair' the catalog and tick the option to 'index' your library for visual similarity. That takes time but will be saved in the catalog folder for faster use afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @didcmoi 

You can refer to the following help guide on Visual Similarity in Elements Organizer:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/elements-organizer/using/search-based-visual-uniqueness.html

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to follow these instructions. Thank you !!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some questions about the process once one has a display from Visual Similarity Photo Search.

I have the display shown below.

1. If a row contains only duplicates, I can click on the [Stack] button to the right.

(note, the horizontal shading and bold lines make it ambiguoug as to whether the buttons affect the row of photos above or below - it should be made more obvious)

2. If a row contains NO duplicates, How Can I Get Rid of the Row from the display?

3. If one or more photos in a row need to be removed, how do I do that?  Right-clicking on a single photo gives an option list that is all greyed out.  Selecting multiple images and right clicking gives only one option - Stack Selected Photos.  (I want to Remove Selected Photos)

?? Do I 'really' have to [stack] first, then tight-click-expand-stack, then drag-select and remove ??  OMG!

4. Once I expand a stack, I cannot seem to un-expand (or re-stack) those photos.  I guess that is not a big deal, but it would be nice to have a single stack as visual reminder that that row is 'stacked and ready'.  (also some color change in the row?)

BTW, i think it would be nice to be able to use 'collapse' as the opposite of 'expand', and use 'flatten' to mean 'squash down to one'.  The  Editor uses 'flatten' in that way.

5. If I want to 'flatten' the stack - delete from catalog all images execpt the top one - then I right-click that stack or a photo in the stack and select "Collapse stack"?  Will I get the option to Delete-From-Disk as well?  Is there a way to do this with more than one stack?  That is, can I select multiple rows and then perform the operation?  Or must I do one row at a time?

6. When I am done, if I want to keep any/all of the stacks remaining, do I just click Done?  Where do the stacks go?  Do they appear where the top image would appear?  And what screen will I see next (Media?).  Is there a way to 'get them all back again'?  I don't seem to be able to assign a tag to them from this window.

7. If I have rows that are un-stacked when I click Done, to those photos just revert/remain as they were before the visual search?

Thanks!

-ceej

2021-07-18 12-05-47.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have some questions about the process once one has a display from Visual Similarity Photo Search.

I have the display shown below.

1. If a row contains only duplicates, I can click on the [Stack] button to the right.

(note, the horizontal shading and bold lines make it ambiguoug as to whether the buttons affect the row of photos above or below - it should be made more obvious)

By @cj02139

Obvious for me. The bottom border of the bottom stack proposal is bold.

quote2. If a row contains NO duplicates, How Can I Get Rid of the Row from the display?

That's not what you are supposed to do. The whole idea is to keep everything visible in the 'stacking session', separating standalone photos from stacks, visible from the stack icon on the top left. This separation stage will be followed by going back to the media view where all operations on the validated stacks are available.

3. If one or more photos in a row need to be removed, how do I do that?  Right-clicking on a single photo gives an option list that is all greyed out.  Selecting multiple images and right clicking gives only one option - Stack Selected Photos.  (I want to Remove Selected Photos)

?? Do I 'really' have to [stack] first, then tight-click-expand-stack, then drag-select and remove ??  OMG!

Again, that 'stacking stage' is a special view to differentiate real stacks and standalone images, before going back to the normal media view. It's the same idea as the advanced search (magnifying glass) view, which shows you the selected matching items, but where you have to go back to the normal media view to access all the available organizing commands.

4. Once I expand a stack, I cannot seem to un-expand (or re-stack) those photos.  I guess that is not a big deal, but it would be nice to have a single stack as visual reminder that that row is 'stacked and ready'.  (also some color change in the row?)

BTW, i think it would be nice to be able to use 'collapse' as the opposite of 'expand', and use 'flatten' to mean 'squash down to one'.  The  Editor uses 'flatten' in that way.

Same as above. You are not supposed to 'flatten' in that stage. Think about this workflow: first stacking, then later taking steps to analyze the stack members and culling/setting top of stacks. The huge advantage is that simply stacking makes finding and visually organizing your photos much easier, masking unwanted duplicates;   dealing with unwanted duplicates may be a much heavier task to be started later on;  probably not an urgent job if you have enough disk space.

5. If I want to 'flatten' the stack - delete from catalog all images execpt the top one - then I right-click that stack or a photo in the stack and select "Collapse stack"?  Will I get the option to Delete-From-Disk as well?  Is there a way to do this with more than one stack?  That is, can I select multiple rows and then perform the operation?  Or must I do one row at a time?

Same as above. You get all available options when you are back in media view.

6. When I am done, if I want to keep any/all of the stacks remaining, do I just click Done?  Where do the stacks go?  Do they appear where the top image would appear?  And what screen will I see next (Media?).  Is there a way to 'get them all back again'?  I don't seem to be able to assign a tag to them from this window.

At the end of that stacking stage, your stacks are already available in your media view... unless you are not happy with the whole job and click 'cancel', which rolls back to the previous stage. Remember that stacking takes time;  flattening stacks may be very long as it implies deleting files. Deleting from catalog only is not much faster that deleting also from disk.

7. If I have rows that are un-stacked when I click Done, to those photos just revert/remain as they were before the visual search?

Thanks!

-ceej

Yes.

https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/using/search-based-visual-uniqueness.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines