• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want to extract jpeg from a very small video clip done in 4k. Is this possible with Elements 2018?

Participant ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have learned a method to take a small movie clip in 4k with my Panasonic FZ2500. I can then choose one of 60 pictures taken for a single jpeg. I know I can do this within my camera but is there a way to do it with Elements 2018 or is there an upgrade that might allow me to do it? Would be much easier to do on a computer screen than the lcd on my camera. Thanks for any tips.

TOPICS
Creative , Feature request , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

It can be done with Premiere Elements 2022 (not Photoshop Elements 2022).  In fact, Premiere Elements has a tool to automatically extract the best frames from a video.  With the right settings, you can create a 4K jpeg file out of a 4K video.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is only possible with Premiere Elements.   However, as a workaround,  you could take a screenshot of the video as you play it via your OS or even in the Organizer and you could then crop and save the video frame in the Elements Editor.  The quality/resolution  of the jpeg would depend on the resolution of your computer screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be done with the new 2022 Elements? I want the best resolution I can get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It can be done with Premiere Elements 2022 (not Photoshop Elements 2022).  In fact, Premiere Elements has a tool to automatically extract the best frames from a video.  With the right settings, you can create a 4K jpeg file out of a 4K video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines