• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WEBP pictures

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WEBP pictures are increasingly used by companies all over the world. So I need to be able to open these in PSE. My PSE-2020 can't handle webp, so I have to use free Gimp or free Irfanview to transform these wbp's to jpeg or png before I can start in PSE. That's a crazy situation to use free software to be able to process them in paid software. 

My question: please expand PSE to handle webp and/or: is PSE 2021 able to handle webp pictures ?

If yes: I will buy PSE 2021 today.

If not: Adobe missed an opportunity

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the WebPShop plug-in from Google. It works with Photoshop Elements 2021.

WebPShop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebP may have been around for a while now, but don't forget that Apple only added native WebP support to iOS 6 months ago, and on macOS just over 3 months ago 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Phil Pickering, Thanks for your tip! I just downloaded the plug-in via the link you provided. It also works fine in PSE 2020.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

In the mean time I found also a post in Adobe forum (from 2019 !!) for a plug-in for PSE by githop.com
Installed this in my PSE 2020 and it works fine !!

I don't understand why Abode did not pick-up this item.

Met vriendelijke groet / best regards,

Ton (A.E.) Hartink

[PII removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@a.e.h31658052, I also use PSE 2020 (in Windows 10). Have you tried a right-click on a webp photo or picture (or any other photo on a website) and then Copy Image. Then open PSE Editor and then File>New>Image from Clipboard. This method works fine for me.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines