• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird Overlay Effect in PSE 15

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was doing a lot of closeup spot healing, moving around the screen using space bar and mouse when I found this on screen, suddenly, out of nowhere.

I am editing a TIFF file directly, no layers.  It's not just a display issue because if I save teh file the overlays atre saved too.

2017-02-23_18-13-09.png

It's happened a few times now.  Any ideas what causes it please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Have you opened the layers palette to have a look at whether or not there are several active layers ?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you opened the layers palette to have a look at whether or not there are several active layers ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there were.  But, I was in guided mode, using the spot healing brush, so how on earth could new layers (3 x background copies and 1 x Layer 1) have been created?  I didn't go anywhere near layers.  At least not consciously.  Is there a keyboard and mouse combo that adds a new layer?  Perhaps I hit that combo accidentally.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, no layers. Win 10 up to date, HP all-in one with I9. Additionally if this condition occurs and I open another file, the moving (with mouse) image is on the newly opened image.  Per another forum suggestion, I reset the tool, in fact all tools, no change.  After resetting tools, I even re-booted, no change. Started out of the blue, PSE user since version 6, quite experienced. Adobe support won't talk to me, how wonderful is that?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, the light turns on .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl + J is the keyboard shortcut to duplicate a layer.

2021-07-19_094851.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Second Holly, you are describing what happens when you have been using the clone tool.  In the following screenshot, I have used the clone tool to alt-click on the face with a large brush, then switched to another photo.  The copied/cloned face remains in the clipboard and is available to paste in the other photo. 

Snap_2021.07.19_12h52m00s_000.png

And the Clone Overlay is shown and set to 100% opacity.

Snap_2021.07.19_12h55m41s_005.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've actually had this happen to me about a week ago- I figured I did it acidently with some crazy keyboard short cut.  I just closed the program, and reopened, no problemo.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I shut down, went back, no change. I shut down, re-booted, no change. Finnally I changed nearly setting in the Healing Brush tool, and I think I accidently fixed it.  Did so many changes that I can't tell which one fixed the problem. Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines