• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What exactly is stored in the backup catalog

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the following question on the forum, but did not see that it was answered.

Does the "Backup Catalog" makes a backup of not only the Elements' "Catalog" but also the entire photo library that the Catalog points to?

In other words, do I need to backup the original photos when I back up Photoshop Elements catalog or will Elements restore them?

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The organizer backup creates a folder (named according to the catalog name) containing renamed copies of all your images AND a copy of all the assets in your catalog folder. So, you get a copy of both your images and your catalog. There is also a backup.tly files which stores the structure of the image folders to be able to restore them in the computer/drive or master folder you want to restore, keeping the same folder structure.

In very recent versions, there is also an option to backup only the catalog without copies of your images. Of course, that's much faster, but you can't recover your images, only the organization and tags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines