• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is going on with Adobe?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it´s quite obviously, I´m just feeling VERY mad about Adobe and their strange behaviour!!!

I got an ORIGINAL version of Photoshop Elements 2020. With ORIGINAL package, ORIGINAL discs, ORIGINAL serial numbers.... as a matter of fact I had to re-install my computer completely new. After installing Windows 10 and all related updates I looked forward to get my Photoshop Elements running. Surprise.... the installer module tells me, my windows version is not supported.... correction, not supported ANY MORE!!! Who can that happen? The NEWSET version of my OS is not supported ANY MORE? So I tried to find some help here online. Well... I found out I somehow have to use Internet Explorer.... which has benn integrated in Edge in the meantime... very helpful to tell me it shouldn´t work in legacy mode or document mode.... what modes? Where can I find out what this means? How can I change it? So I kept on looking for other solutions. It was recommended to edit my registry.... really? Come on guys, I can´t even find out what Internet Explorers Legacy Mode is, do you really want me to edit the registry???

Next possible solution, find the download file for PSE 2020. Surprise, you can only find links for 2021 and 2022... so I looked up my Adobe account. This stupid web page asked me to enter serial number of PSE 2020. So I did... but guess what.... not the correct format.... it should be a 24-digit alphanumeric code. Yes, it is... I tried with dashes and withoiut dashes, no, it doesn´t work. After two hours nervewrecking search for support I tried something REALLY stupid: I clicked on "Contact".... well.... I clicked on "Contact"... again.... and again.... and again..... but nothing happened. So I tried from another computer, no big surprise, it didn´t help as well.

So, who ever may read this.... doesn´t it feel strange that you can´t find any support for a 2-year old software and the latest version of OS? And all the ways to help yourself lead to nowhere? And when you want to ask for help, it doesn´t work? Really, I´m most disappointed, always was under the impression Adobe could be better than that, but this really is the worst product support I´ve ever seen. Thanks for nothing.

[Profanity removed from title by moderator]

TOPICS
Bug , Download and install , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The serial number is a 24 digit NUMERIC code that begins with 1057. You can find your serial number here in your Adobe account. https://account.adobe.com/ FYI, I recently installed PSE 2022 via Firefox with zero problems.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like, if I understand correctly, that you got a message about your browser no longer being supported. 

Install adobe  creative cloud for desktop (then forget about it).

THEN INSTALL AWAY!

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Please try to use the latest installer from Adobe.com for Elements 2020. you can login to your adobe account with the same Adobe ID that you used earlier for activating the product and find your serial number and also download the latest installer.

In case if you still face issues, you can try the workarounds mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/update-required.html

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines